- Understanding the Economic Behaviour of Patients at the Patient Voices: Historical and Ethical Engagement with Patient Experiences of Healthcare, 1850-1948, Oxford University, 18-19 September 2017
- Paying the Hospital and Other Stories; or, Towards a Social History of Money in Modern Life – research seminar, University of Manchester, 19 October 2017
Listen to ‘For the Sick Poor? Payment and philanthropy in the pre-NHS voluntary hospitals, c.1900-1948’ research seminar given to the Voluntary Action History Society at the Institute for Historical Research in London in June 2011
- Teaching the History of Voluntary Action with Dr Helen McCarthy, Liverpool (September 2013)
- Making Connections: Transnational Networks in European Welfare History with Prof Virginia Crossman, Oxford (March 2012)
- Social Work, Health and the Home: New Directions in Historical Research with Prof John Stewart, Glasgow – Wellcome History (December 2011), p. 16.
- Medicine and Charity in History in VAHS New Researchers workshop series, Oxford (February 2009)
- History of Medicine Research Student Conference, with Michael Stanley-Baker, London (June 2008)
You’ll find my blog posts reporting back from events here.