- Appointed Day: The Arrival of the NHS in the Black Country at From Rationing to Reformation: A 1940s Study Day at the Black Country Living Museum, Dudley, 20 July 2019
- Charity Shops and Commercial Traders: A History of Rivalry or Collaboration? at
Retailing and Community: The Social Dimensions of Commerce in Historical Perspective, University of Wolverhampton, 9 May 2019
- Some Thoughts on the Need to Think Cross-Discipline at the Economic History Society and Social History Society workshop on The Social and Economic Life of Money: From the Medieval to the Modern, Institute of Historical Research, London, 26 January 2019
Listen to ‘For the Sick Poor? Payment and philanthropy in the pre-NHS voluntary hospitals, c.1900-1948’ research seminar given to the Voluntary Action History Society at the Institute for Historical Research in London in June 2011
- Teaching the History of Voluntary Action with Dr Helen McCarthy, Liverpool (September 2013)
- Making Connections: Transnational Networks in European Welfare History with Prof Virginia Crossman, Oxford (March 2012)
- Social Work, Health and the Home: New Directions in Historical Research with Prof John Stewart, Glasgow – Wellcome History (December 2011), p. 16.
- Medicine and Charity in History in VAHS New Researchers workshop series, Oxford (February 2009)
- History of Medicine Research Student Conference, with Michael Stanley-Baker, London (June 2008)
You’ll find my blog posts reporting back from events here.