On 3 April 2017 the Voluntary Action History Society kindly hosted a book launch for Payment and Philanthropy in British Healthcare, 1918-48, one of the first titles in the new Social Histories of Medicine Series, a collaboration between the Society for the Social History of Medicine and Manchester University Press, at the Institute of Historical Research in London.
Panel (left to right):
- George Campbell Gosling, Lecturer in History
University of Wolverhampton
- Mathew Thomson, Professor of History
University of Warwick
- Pamela Cox, Professor of Social History and Social Policy
University of Essex
- Pat Thane, Professor of Contemporary History
King’s College London
- Colin Rochester, co-founder of the Voluntary Action History Society
Click above to listen to the audio podcast of the seminar or click here to read about the event over at the MUP blog.